Thread: not a chance
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 06:57 PM   #40
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by biker's back
drdingo21 I'm a real honda fan, its too bad they sold one to you. Theres no need to come around here putting down a TT over your accord. They arent in the same class either. As for your accord, yes they are good value. NO ones questioning that.

Sounds like you wanted more car but couldnt get it. Hey dude, compaired to the RL i used to own yuor accord sucks. And a nice 545i comaired to my RL is better yet. See how it works, there are different levels/classes of cars. You have a family sedan, the TT isnt and you pay a price of a sports car. Get over your great accord and thats for coming out.
First of all don't assume what i could afford. The IS 300 and the G 35, and S4 were the other candidates. My insurance on the S4 was probly more than you bring home a month ($934).
As a matter of fact I made a thread between the S4 and Is300. Money was no object.
I like audi, and have nothing against it, i was just saying its extremely unlikely a 1.8t is running those times.
He brought up value not me.
I mean even common sense with the power to weight ratio. And looking around a little more, there are sites saying the TT weighs as much as my car. So you have 60+ less horse power and run the same times as the accord?

Im just having a hard time spending more money on something that is less.
And you also don't seem to get it. The accord ex v6 shares nothing with the sedan, they are two totally different cars. And if the TT is a sports cars its pretty sad a "sedan" is faster, better handling, and more options for about 8k less.....

And im not bragging about my car, HE brought it up not me.

And it seems both of you misunderstand the definition of sedan. My car is a coupe. The car is completely redesigned and shares NOTHING with the sedan.

I quoted handling by skid pad numbers, nothing more. I dunno the slalom speed of the TT, but also there is no slalom for the accord either.

And my 1/4 times, i was quoting what people were getting in real life. Not what road and track got. If you would like i can direct you to 15+ threads with time slips posted. Actually, heres one
Quote:
R/T .677
60' 2.203
330' 6.088
1/8 9.241
MPH 78.38
1000' 11.938
1/4 14.235
MPH 97.96

R/T .438
60' 2.188
330' 6.080
1/8 9.244
MPH 78.03
1000' 11.954
1/4 14.259
MPH 97.63

There have been a couple at 14.1s, but most are around 14.2-14.4

And there are sedans with just an intake running 14.5s.... So you better get your figures straight.

And to clarify one more time. Before you start talking shit about a car, you should at least know what car it is.
The accord ex v6 never came in a sedan. ever.