View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 11:36 PM   #1
diligent_dave

(vtec) sol searching >long story<

There's a kid at my work that has a friend who has an old stock mkI supra turbo. He's been hyping it up and sayin' that the thing can beat z28's. I say that my buddy Frank has beaten modded mkI and mkII turbo supras in his SHO and that I'm pretty sure I could hang with a stock one. hehehe

So today he asks for my cell numma and says he'll call at like 8 o clock and for me to pick the place. I have a good little strip I like in an industrial area and tell him that I'll race the guy whenever.

He never calls...

So Frank comes by and I scoop him up and we go cruisin in my sol, heading towards the would-be race spot. On the way there there's a V6 chevy truck that starts playin with me. Frank knows the guy and says he's got headers, flows, intake, chip, some other stuff. We're goin about 40 down the highway and I hear him hit the gas and I downshift to second. The sol walks from him until I shut down from about 90 (top of third).

Now we're cruisin at 70. He's kinda jumpin a little to show off his exhaust. lol Then all of a sudden he guns it, he has about a 2 second start on me before I downshift into 3rd. He's got a car on me by the time I get into 4th but I'm catchin up. Shift into 4th and I start pulling from him nastily. I shut it down from 115.

Get to the would-be race spot. I take a solo run and row through the gears. No cars anywhere in sight. Just me and a huge, wide, straight, stretch of road about a 1/2 mile long. I do a 0-115-0 run and head back towards home.

Go to gas station and refuel.

Hit the freeway. Nothing there. Get off at the exit and a 4th gen accord behind me revs at me. We both turn the same way and then catch a light together. Not much of a race. We both squeel our tires off the light and I have him by like a buslength and a half by 60. Damn kids and their hondas.

Headin back to my house I come up to a newer Mustang GT. Prolly a 2002 model. We both roll out from a light and then gun it. I stayed next to him forever. That is, if forever means a half of a second at which time he runs like hell. He slows down.

We're next to each other again at 40mph. He's revvin at me. Then he hits the gas. I shift into 2nd and I'm at his door. Then he downshifts and tears me a new one. I wish I had 260 hp.

Guess I'll find out what happened to that supra tommorow.