Thread: Exhaust Info
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 12:21 AM   #16
RavingCivic

I am guessing that u got the Thermal R&D Classic exhuast since you didnt label it either way.

I have finally put my Thermal R&D Stealth on, and it sound Beautiful. it was really loud when i first installed *high flow cat was installed with it* and i didnt like it. so i put the OEM CAT back on and it hummed very nicely.

i went on a trip to the beach *4 hours there and 6 hours back* of which i thought i was going to go nuts because the exhaust hummed so loud at 80 mph. i couldnt even think at the db levels that it was at. since the break in trip to the beach it has quieted down alot * mid rpm is not so loud any longer* i dont notice it nearly as much when driving at 80mph anymore *maybe im just used to it but i doubt it*

anyways i love Thermal R&D exhuast system is great, sounds great, looks even better, and with totally stainless steel exhaust u cant go wrong

as quoted from Sherryl at THermal R&D * 1-818-998-4865 *

u can expect the THermal Classic exhaust on a Civic to be 91 db @ 4600 rpm with a 7-9% increase *meaning the more u add elsewhere exhaust will yield higher hp output*

the Thermal Stealth will be at 87db @ 4600 rpm with a 5-7% increase *same rule applys as before*