Thread: gone/weed
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 11:20 AM   #82
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by bootstrap
i dunno who the **** melteye thinks he is, but im' not basing most of what i say on research, i'm basing it on what i KNOW, so whatever facts your getting are mostly WRONG

Ya but the problem is that what you "know" is limited you merely experimented with marijuanna. the effects vary over time and use.

one person posted that they smoked a bunch of times and never felt anything... that's because when it's initially introduced to your body it can react in different ways. most people don't get high the first couple times they smoke...

once they do get high it's generally either:
A. A really giddy high which lasts like 30-120 min. filled with side splitting laughter and loss of breath.
B. They get REALLY tired.

After you use for a while 3-6 months it is a totally different experience (and again this is VERY individual... some people start to get paranoid and stop because they can't deal with being in public or can't function properly at all when they're high (some continue to use anyway)) but for most of the people i know and myself... they remain perfectly normal functioning parts of society only they smoke pot. thats all. It relaxes me yes if i let it relax me too much i don't get much accomplished. but at the same time I am working full time and going to school at night and doing well.

It's all a matter of personality and individual brain chemestry. If you freak out when cops pull you over if you don't smoke pot or your generally nervous feel free to try it if you want but sounds to me like it's not for you. but if yer an angry white bastard like me then it might be the leveling factor in your life that prevents you from climbing the tower.

So Bootstrap.. you sound like you should have kept smoking it may have mellowed you out eventually. Also don't ever over or UNDER estimate research. it's only as good as it's collection, subjects, and interpretation.

also there's tons and tons of Marijuana will save the world shit out there and it's not all that but it's not what your government/middle america wants you to think it is either.

LASTLY as far as melteye was saying about being better than tobacco smoke or traffic fumes YOU ARE WRONG most people who smoke pot either
A. smoke crappy pot in large quantities. (there is tons and tons more tar in unfiltered marijuana smoke than there is in EVEN unfiltered tabacco smoke. also marijuana smokers take bigger longer pulls and generally hold it for at least slightly longer than a pull off a cigarette)
B. smoke Really GOOD pot in smaller quantities. (this shit will make you cough no matter who you are it's just potent and after smoking even a small joint there is GOBS and GOBS of tar at the end of the roach. that does not happen at all with cigarettes.)

Over all pot smokers are not out there taking tiny controlled scientificlly measured hits. They're ripping 4 foot bong hits and 6 inch hog-legged joints/blunts. Taking big pulls and trying to either look cool or just get REALLY HIGH.

So if you really want a scientific test I'll smoke a cigarette through1 towell and a J through the other and take pics of the differnt stains on the towel cuz that's what's goin in yer lungs.
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote