Thread: squeeling noise
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 03:04 AM   #14
Dr Drew

Quote:
Originally posted by jeq214
Well if my amp is currently putting out 250-300 w rms and it's rated at 300rms wouldn't I be able to get more power out of it by replacing the 10 gauge wires with 4 gauge and also paralleling the wires to 1 ohm without blowing the amp?

I'm assuming the amp is running two ohm stereo... Most amps are not stable at one ohm mono.

Quote:
Yeah that's exactly what it does! I went back to the installer, but he told me that it was my alternator and that he could put a noise compression to stop it. I don't know if he's reliable anymore.

First off move you power wire away from your RCA cables.

The 10awg wire could be part of the problem also. A few things happen when you run a lot of current through a wire that is too thin. Any time you run current through a wire an electromagnetic field is created around the wire. The more resistance of current flow the larger and stronger the field. If your RCA cables are within that field it current from the field will be transfered to the RCA cables. If you have a good set of cables (like stated above) they are double sheilded from current transfer.