Thread: Omfg Swap Rocks
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2003, 09:14 PM   #35
nonovurbizniz

just cuz fighting is fun...

A. Pre-80's mustangs are WAY WAY uglier than 80's mustangs... Sure 65-70 are better looking but 72-79 are about the ugliest cars ever produced...

B. 80's Mustangs GT's or not are not inherently crappy or slow... a 5.0 or a turbo 4 mustang would own a civic with a swap ANY DAY... and if you ask me they have just about as much styling going for them... that's more of a personal opinion... but I think 80's fastback hatches are DAMN nice looking... I don't like notch backs but again... that's all up to individual taste.
C. A built D would not only have WAY WAY more power than a stock b16 but it would be FAR from it's "full potential"... Once built you could turbo the PISS out of it or run LOTS of nitrous... there would be NO comparisson between a stock b swap and a d with the same money thrown at it... whether it's for a NA build or not... 3k into a d could get you SUB 12's with some luck. A stock B swap will NEVER do that... even a type R... the only upside to a B series is that you can tune both intake and exhaust valve timing independently... but that's hardly worth 3k... Don't get me wrong there are plenty of benifits to swapping and it's a great quick fix with out much thought or work if you just want some more speed... it's just a LOT of money to spend on not soo much imo. Unless you go 1.8 or higher a swap is silly to me... I'd take a LS swap over a b16anything.... at least you get some displacement out of the box...

just my 2 bits.

Oh and v6 mustangs are slow slow slow... 5.0's aren't even that fast... sure they're faster than a civic but that's not saying much imo.