View Single Post
Old 10-29-2001, 11:53 PM   #57
Dezoris

Quote:
Originally posted by darkcivic
The new Civic is a girly car? And what the old one isn't than, right?
So your belief is that they changed the Civic from a formula-1 race car to economy car? No bud, it's the same it's always been, an economy car. Are you that dissillusioned? Do you think you own a race car? The new Civic no longer stands out? You mean, stand out like the 40 million 6th gens? Gee, I never see any of those around. I think that your reason for bashing the 7th gen stems to a larger problem in your life. Look at how upset you get over a car you don't even have. Pathetic.

You guys have to defend it, you own it you pay for it, but the truth is, it will never perform as well as the previous gen(s).

Its engine, (2k1, 2k2 have the the VTEC-E system, which BDC can run down quite well) The suspesnion, is not geared for major modification, and I can prove this to you!!

We all know what is better about it, in many ways it is, but its over all capabilities are limited, due to its design. It is more a economy/compact car than it ever has been. I agree Honda has always designed it this way, but during the previous gen design, the import scene was not like it was today, and in many ways, which I have read reports that Honda wanted to eliminate the cars capabilities for engine swaps and other mods with the design of the 7th gen, this was not something they ever had to do before. This is the point, the car has been "dumbed down" unlike previous generations, for many reasons, mainly money.