View Single Post
Old 10-28-2001, 11:40 AM   #40
Big James

The black person thing was meant as a joke. He did post quoted demographics of who the car appeals to, however he added his own little comments and assumptions.

I am not letting emotion get in the way of logic. I am far from it actually.

What I really do not care for is his blatant insults to anyone who drives this car. It is unbecoming of a moderator. If he does not like the car, so be it. I caould care less. However, his tact needs some work.

You bring up his experience and say he is more knowledgable than 90% of the people. Fine, that is your opinion, I hope however that you are not questioning my experience or knowledge, as I have a plethora of both.

I tried his logic. By his logic, his own car is a girlie girl shitbox. That is not my opinion, but his own logic at work. The Civic was never meant to be a performance vehicle. I understand that they made a higher performance model, and the such, however, that is not the true roots of the Civic.

Many point to the suspension as being a drawback to the new Civic. I thought this would be true at first. However, I no longer feel that way. My girlfriend has a 2001 EX, and my roommate has a 99 EX. I honestly feel her car handles better than his. I find that I can make turns faster in her car then I could in his.

Bottom line is this, I can see his problems with the Civic and I can respect them. However, I can not respect someone who questions the manhood of another member simply becuase they like the new Civic. Behavior as such is unacceptable.