View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 08:50 AM   #25
Dezoris

Quote:
Originally posted by Boosted3g
The point is if your racing your going to be reving 6K and up and that is where you will make your most power. The reason that a larger turbo will in most cases make more power at the same boost level as a smaller turbo is the fact that a large turbo is not working as hard and heating tha air alot less. It will all boil down to cfm once the boost is really high. I always install large turbos on all our cars. My reasoning is if you are putting a turbo on the car in the first place you must want to go fast...right.
I agree.
Would you agree with me that your car would not be suited for a short auto X course do to the turbo setup on your car?

Also your Teg motor has more tq than the Civic D16 motors which crave more tq low, also I say a smaller turbo is more important, because of gearing, when I shift out of first bouncing off the limiter at 7,000rpms and I am dropped to 4000Rpms I need boost then, no lag, to compinsate for the cars engineered weakness.

I guess my point is I was not making a generalization that bigger turbos mean that you are going to be slower, but in many circumstances you will be, beacuse you are not mating the turbo to mend the waekness only to beef up its strong spot.

I am using the Civic powerplant as reference here as well as the trans, in autoX conditions