Thread: Boosted again
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
JDMFantasy2k

Sorry this post took so long, i've been busy as fuck this week. The turbo is running great aside from when i had a lose wire on my obd conversion harness and my car ran like hammered shit ( the ckp sensor was lose, and when i touched the wire it broke). So i fixed that and things have been good. Only things left for me to do is re align my exhaust so it doesn't hit my shift linkage, make a catch can, and move my dump turbe so it doesn't continue to melt my intake, and plumb it into the downpipe. here's pics...

It's the same size turbo that i had last time (t3, .48 hot, .60 cold 60 trim), but this one is water cooled. I also put a lot of thought into the oil line set up which is composed of -4 and -3 AN lines with a 3 way fitting so i have my oil pressure hooked up and i have a restrictor to limit the oil flow. Plus my oil drain line on this set up is MUCH better so hopefully i won't smoke this turbo. All in all, it fuckin scoots. I'm running (what i think to be) 7 or 8 lbs of boost but my POS autometer boost gauge is out of calibration so i'm not entirely sure how much it is. I'd like to get it dyno tuned soon since i'm still running on my street tune from my old turbo. Also note the 3" cat, 2.5" flexie, and the Gangster 3" thermal catback

So how fast is it? Well i raced my buddy in his 06 Si, and i must say i wasn't impressed one bit. I can honestly say there is not one thing i like about that car. Today i raced my cuz in his 06 RSX-S, i took him by about 2-3 lengths from 60, and shut it down around 130

So yeah i forgot how quick it actually was, so now i'm gonna tone it down a little before i kill myself. I can't imagine what my B series will be like once i finish it Enjoy!