Thread: what happened
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #12
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
Ummm...the politically correct term is "Canidiots".

Seriously though, I'll agree with you on one thing...I was sick to death this time around. It was so polarizing I don't think anyone benefited. Obama was far off to the left (and I tend to be slightly left leaning, so that says something) and McCain was so far to the right he was almost off the fucking map. I really hope Obama, for all his rhetoric up to this point, realizes what America really needs is someone who can bring people together and do it rationally. You know what...I'll come right out and say that, with things like gun control, it's all about moderation. Do people have the right to own guns? Absolutely. Do you need a Barrett or a full auto AR-15 to take down a deer? Only if you're a REALLY shitty hunter. I believe people have the right to protect themselves and their property, but people whining about how the government wants to take their SKS need to shut the fuck up and realize they're making their problems worse (a Magnum Research .50 on the other hand...). I'd like to see reasonable taxes across the board. I want to see rich people pay their share (read: a hell of a lot more than me) and quit bitching. I want middle class people to pay their share and quit bitching. And I want lower class people...wait...does anyone listen to them anyway? John Edwards did and look what happened to him. Remember, the richest 1% of this country controls more money than the bottom 150 million. Shouldn't that change right about...now? Not that we should actively take their money because a small few of them might have actually earned it, but they need to start pulling their weight. I'd also like to see some honest to god energy plans that don't include drilling anywhere that's protected by law. Or drilling for anything, for that matter (wait...can we drill for sunlight? No? Ok, nevermind). And stop believing that corn will save us. Ethanol is a dream and a dumb one (if you can find it, which you can't so it's a moot point). Convert common things like ammonia to hydrogen (it's actually pretty simple and surprisingly efficient).

Not such high hopes, but we're exiting a presidency of a man who wilfully and knowingly ignored every piece of science and fact presented to him. A man who said that "the jury is still out" on evolution. What jury and where? The Scopes trial is over. And...FOR FUCK'S SAKE...is it too much to ask that the new guy be able to properly pronounce "nuclear"? I'd really just settle for that.

I've missed you Steve haha. I feel kind of bad for Obama though, people have such high hopes and the man can only do so much.
As for the gun thing, I've noticed this is a favorite thing that anti-Obama's like to say. That goes along with "are you ready for higher taxes?" Like Steve said they aren't going to steal your guns, didn't they just want to make sure that the guns are legal and registered. As for the taxes, who cares? taxes will typically benefit you in some form or another. Think, no taxes, no public education, road maintenance, law enforcement, etc.

Last edited by CD5Passion : 11-11-2008 at 09:29 AM.
CD5Passion is offline   Reply With Quote