View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 11:51 PM   #3
blind34_1

doing this swap right now! how convenient for you!

okay, first of all you need the trailing arms from any 90-93 integra. oddly, a lot of parts from that generation of integra are compatible with 4th gen civics.

If you are having trouble finding complete trailing arm setups from junkyards, ebay, whatever. I highly suggest putting in requests at online salvage directories like UNAP (UNeedAPart).

The best way to do this swap is by completly swapping trailing arms. Removing the arms currently on your civic is a royal pain if you don't have the correct tools. I was fortunate to have access to those new ratchet wrenches from craftsman, and plenty of air tools. The biggest problem is removing all of the ebrake cable mounts, as at least two of them are RIGHT next the lip of the gas tank. Some people suggest cutting the lip for clearance, but I was able to get away without doing that, using those gear ratchets. you'll have to be real patient, but they will come out. After that its about four or five REALLY tight and probably rusted bolts, and its out. Air tools are indispensable here. Just to contrast: without air tools, it took us about 1.5, to 1.75 hours to remove one side. The other side, with air tools, took about 15 minutes.

I have not installed the new arms yet, as I am waiting for parts (new calipers, rotors, pads, ss lines)

I have a great how-to that I found, and put it into word format. If you want it I can email it to you (it doesn't fit on the forums)
email: blind34_1@lycos.com
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote