View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 08:35 PM   #26
Incubus

I believe Skunk2 also carries some good turbo/supercharger cams, but I'd have to double check on that.
Let's cruise down to Inline Four, they have lots of cool stuff to check out, then we can have some of our questions answered, just be forewarned that they will push NA motors over forced induction.

A VTEC killer package? It removes VTEC from a VTEC engine? That's wierd, why would anyone want to do that, or am I just reading it wrong?

Type R heads are good for FI, but I'd still go with the GSR head instead......that way you'll spend less and the difference in money will go towards parts specifically set up for turbo such as intake manifold, rods, pistons, valves/valvesprings, etc.
Type R engines run around $5,000
I've checked around for heads and they all run around $1,200 give or take a few hundred, but I've never seen any less than $1,000.
The Type R engine isn't the best engine for turbo in my opinion because of the high compression it's running in stock form. Yeah with lower compression pistons that'll fix the problem, but I still think that it's blasphemy to force feed such an already perfect engine. GSR and LS engines are better suited for abuse, and if you blow the engine, you won't feel the remorse of blowing an engine that's a limited production piece.