View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

my new, finished project

well its been ages since ive posted anything here about what ive been upto, i stopped putting any money into cars and found new hobbies you could say. my current project i just bought an old squire telecaster(owned/made by fender) thats got 2 humbucker pickups and a nightmare of wiring job from the guy who put in the new pickups. i gutted the thing and redid all the electronics in it similar to jimmy pages les paul setup(supposabley) and it sounds and plays like a damn dream. considering i paid $30 for a non working guitar with good pickups, and its kinda a low end crap version of a telecaster, just a very nice electronic layout that cost me $50 and a few hrs of soldering, which i took almost full advantage of. i got lucky and the neck is in good shape and the action on it(how hard you have to press and how it feels on the strings) is damn perfect on most parts of the neck. bad part or good part is that i now have 2 working electric guitars and a 3rd non-working one that i know im gonna end up redoing even though i know i should just sell it for what i can.

next for this one is possibly having one of my friends paint (ive got an idea but it needs to peculate a bit still) some airbrush work on it and refinish it. dont know how complex i want to get it since i love simple designs done cleanly

my next project is building one from near scratch. ive got the electronics part figured out, now im gonna try and build a body, and maybe a neck. gonna go all oiled wood

heres the wiring diagram i used, a bit confusing, but after 3 days of studying it i had a good grasp on what was going on

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUHH3T2204

and heres a picture of the guitar... my new baby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black tele.jpg (38.0 KB, 6 views)

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.

Last edited by ChrisCantSkate : 05-05-2008 at 05:08 PM.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote