View Single Post
Old 10-29-2002, 06:12 AM   #14
V8killimports

Re: Re: Re: No replacement for displacement is a crock!

Quote:
Originally posted by 00 Si
LOL...ok so now you need to mod a V8 to win? But what about no replacement for displacement. Wouldn't this mean that no matter what I did a bigger displacement car, a V8, would be able to beat me????? But you chose to point out....."a well built V8" sounds like the trueth comes out and it does take mods, not just displacement.

And if anyone who thinks displacement is better......talk to Ferrari. A Ferrari F50, my fav car of all time, is only a 286.8 cubic inch V12. Not a lot of displacement there huh. Yet will still do the 1/4 in 12.1 and top speed of 202. Sounds like Imports still rule.

Ok... first off there is no replacement for displacement. This has NOTHING to do with imports vs domestics as this is true in my world as well. I have a 383 V8 with over 500hp. This is a barely pump gas car, that is streetable, but just barely meaning that any more compression and I would need higher octane gas. I could have bought a larger engine such as a 502/540/572 ci motor which I would have loved but didn't have the money for. Those motors make 600-700hp with 8 or 9 - 1 compression and running on 89 octane all day. You can easily modify these engines to make over 1200hp and be daily drivers. Bigger motors simply make more power.. simple as that.

Second don't let's not talk about a F50 vs a V8. The F50 isn't some off the shelf motor. Ferrari has spent millions of dollars developing these engines to put out the power they do.

Third you can't say "I can mod my engine all I want but you can't mod yours" because that doesn't fly. No mods at all stock for stock a v8 would produce more power. Your motor comes with 120hp and I have yet to see a V8 that develops that or less than that. Please make a note that my NA V8 makes twice the power of your turboed motor. Who's do you think will last longer?
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote