Thread: beat a ws6
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 08:55 PM   #46
ford50forlife
4th Gear

hehe i respect your car 00 si, but i really dont see how you hang with alot of domestics with the setup you got, (PLEASE DONT FLAME ME, IM REALLY NOT THAT COCKY!!!!)
i was at the local race get together and i used to get alotta shit before i took off my "SHITS VTEC" sticker on the back of my car, but one dude rolled up in a del sol and saw my sticker and was like "i really would like to see you shit this thing" found out he was a mechanic who had just installed the drag 3 turbo kit for his boy, with a gsr swap and custom internal work. "dammit" i muttered to myself but ill race anything.. and i told him id take the sticker off if he won. i mean he SHOULD! hes lighter and more hp, but he couldnt over come the torque/turbolag/ and fwd takeoff because i took him 2 cars to 60mph and 1 car in the 1/4 mile. we went from a roll and the same thing happened. he said my car must run 12's i then showed him the slip for 14.0 @99mph (when i ran that slow) and he said i was a liar. what exactly do you have done anyway??? have you actually GONE to the track? im just interested in any car that i find that has performance per dollar at hand.. and the simple fact of the matter is: uSED DOMESTICS OWNED USED IMPORTS FOR BOTH MODDING AND COST (i.e and 88 2 brl accord aint got shit on a 88 350iroc or etc) but FOR SOME REASON NEW IMPORTS OWN NEW DOMESTICS FOR THE MONEY!!! I DONT BELIEVE IT! 16K for civic 3K for turbo, 2 k for coilovers, other suspension and intercooler and boltons vs. 23K for new mustang gt

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife