View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 03:43 PM   #42
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by diligent_dave
This thread is great.

Okay lemme see here. I was at Ennis (1/4 mile track) awhile ago with some friends, there was an F-body club and a mustang club doing grudge matches against each other. There was a Boss Mustang there and it came nowhere near 11's. It ran lower 13's on sticky mickeys. The car had been restored so you can't say anything about it being nearly 40 years old.

And "69 Roadrunner 440 six pack - high 12s
70 hemi cuda - high 12s" Now I'm a mopar guy. I have a 73 charger in the garage, but those cars ran in the 13's man. My dad has had a 69 Roadrunner and a 69 GTX with the 440 six packs. Most of the big block musclecars ran high 13's, because of their weight. The mustang only did marginally better.

Those cars I mentioned including the boss429 were named 4 of the 5 fastest production cars of their time BTW.. and there were actually 2 versions of the boss429.. a single 4v version which didn't sell as much, and the more popular dual 4 barrel.. I will send you a pic if I find it... And which boss are you talking about? There were 2 bosses... the 302 and the 429... and many variations of both depending on how streetable you wanted it.. you had the option from drive it every day to race car...
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote