View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 08:14 AM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Well I can speak having come from a similar direction. I bought a 98 EX never thinking I'd get into modding & such. Well I did. But you eventually get to a point where it doesn't make sense to continue modifying.
The Si will give a better base to start with. The B series engines have ALOTof aftermarket internals. The potential for greater power is there too. Basic mods such as intake, header & exhaust tend to make more power as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by quik
Get the EX and TURBO, TURBO, TURBO. That should cost less than the SI, and have more ponies under the hood. Don't make the mistake of thinking you'll buy the SI now and add a turbo later. Because, as soon as you get out of college you'll be looking for that expensive faster car with all of your new $$$.

Quik
I would have to agree that depending on your chosen future, you may want to wait to get that faster car.

Don't get me wrong. My EX could Si's all day. And it was less expensive than an Si. I just like the B platform.
Two cams are better than one.