View Single Post
Old 07-19-2002, 05:30 PM   #15
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by ricer
I think what HEMI is trying to say is that alot of civics and neons think they are so fast, just cause they have clear tail lights and stickers all over their car. And don't forget the huge spoilers. I hate it when those guys do that. It gives us a bad name. I mean, our cars are FRONT WHEEL DRIVE! SPOILERS ARE TO GIVE THE REAR WHEELS TRACTION! I also hate talkin with fellow owners and they don't even know what the duration on a camshaft is. The only reply I get is "Uhh K+N.........um...V-Tec" Who can name the duration @0.50 of a stock 1.5 cam? Anyone? Thats what I thought. And who here has actually rebuilt their engine? Everybody just bolts crap on like platnium spark plugs, big exhaust tips that sound like farts and stupid looking wipers. And they think this makes their car fast?! Thats no fun. Thats why I'm considering dumping my ride and gettin a 69 GTO that I found. I could sell my car, buy the GTO and still have money left over to buy a half ton to haul my sled. There are so many Civics out there its making me sick anyway. And I don't tlike being labeled. Besides, that GTO is gonna haul ass! It's got a 455 with the Ram Air IV package. And it will make some heads turn more than my four pod. I love the sound of bigblocks. And they are alot cheaper to build. I could build up three V8's and still spend more money on my 4 pod trying to get the same power. Theres no replacement for displacement.

Go for it! But would that'd be your daily driver??? Not to practical. Anyhow I don't think anyone with any kind of common sense would put on wiper or a wing and think they're faster. Its all for looks and show. Not that i have any of that stuff on my car or anything. But i must admit the GTO is a sweet car, but I'll wait till I pay off my car and get it up to snuff before I'll go buy a muscle car for a nice weekend car. Oh and how much does that car cost in a somewhat restored shape... I just looked it up about 15000-20000$. Not too cheap but maybe you found a great deal. No matter what car you drive you are gonna be labeled, I mean what the label with old muscle cars??? Redneck, I know thats not what everyone who drives one is, but its the general label, and in alot of cases it fits To answer your queston on duration with my motor I don't know nor do I care but if you are wondering about the B18c(my future motor) http://asian_e.tripod.com/Honda_Engine_Specs.htm

And how much would it cost you to get about 95hp per liter out of that 455???