Thread: My Little Rant
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2002, 09:31 AM   #18
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Ok just wanna clear a few things up here- im not inexperienced... sure Im just 17, but from the time I turned 15 I drove my mom's navigator around EVERYWHERE we went... thats 10-15k miles driving a massive SUV before switching to the much much smaller and better handling Highlander, so I know its limitations. I do not act immature and/or like an ass... in fact, before the whole trade car debate i was told by everyone in my family how I acted as if I was much older, due to my respect for everyone around me.

I can handle just about any car. Certainly there are some cars out there I cant *Hennessey Viper*... but I have driven a 400whp Supra before that I was looking at buying. Raced a ZO6 on the interstate in it and got up to about 140mph... granted thats not safe, there was no traffic and the owner of the car said it was OK for me to punch it.

Ok, it sounds like you're a responsible person in at least some manners, such as financially. I can't really judge whether you're responsible or not in general, that's why I don't just say that you are a responsible person....cuz I don't know.

Everybody thinks he/she is an experienced driver. That doesn't mean any of them actually are experienced. Of course the very definition of experienced driver is rather vague and relative. But much more experienced drivers than you are have landed themselves in hot water where it could be argued that an "experienced" driver could have avoided. I think one needs to focus both on experience and knowledge....one can have much experience with driving yet still lack the knowledge of what's best to do. Beyond knowledge is training and reaction, even if you know what to do you may not act properly. Ok, so I'm just ranting now.....point being: you may not be nearly as good as you think you are.

Of course, you may be much better......

b