Thread: My Little Rant
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 09:34 PM   #12
mt.biker

dude i'd say you have it good. Your getting all worked up over the wrong things. The grades thing your parents pulled is because thats supposed to be the most important thing in your life right now. Thats whats goign to pay the bills when you leave home and its what is going to take you places.

Honestly i would never let my kid drive an RSX or any sports car; something with under 140hp is safe! I see so many kids who get big powerful cars and can't drive them for shit (not saying your a bad driver and all)!

something else you should consider, you dont know what you dont know! I wouldn't be getting really pissed off with your parents over this because from the sounds of it they are very reasonable people, who have supported you this far, do you think they have stopped supporting you? typically parents want the best for their kid and driving a car that could push their child beyond 140mph doesn't sound like a good thing. Maybe they said yes at first because they hadn't given it any thought, and maybe they know something you dont.

Something to consider, maybe by waiting you've just saved your life. You never know what trouble you've just missed out on by not having a sports car to drive.

dam i sound old in this