View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 05:54 PM   #8
SilverCoupe2K1

Accord Boy, I ended up doing it a couple of days ago and have explained it in a post I started...

Clearing Headlights on the 6th Gen Accord

To answer your questions...

Baking the headlights did not damage them. I put them in the oven, preheated at 200 for 7 minutes, which was perfect...the first headlight I did it for 5 minutes and it was much tougher.

Once you've opened them up, just be careful not to get any silicone or figerprints on the chrome (or fakey finish) cuz it's tough to get off. To ensure a good seal, once you've reheated em, you'll probably want to hold the headlight together for 10 minutes or so, till the silicone cools a bit.

I did use additional silicone, I bought clear silicone (waterproof of course) you can use RTV silicone, or bath and tile. I felt this was important because I removed some silicone while working through it and I wanted to ensure a good seal, so I wouldn't have any condensation.

The orange strip is actually two pieces. Once you've got the headlight open, remove two screws that house the chrome behind the orange strip. (careful not to get that dirty with fingerprints) at that point the orange strip will be exposed, you can just poke it through with ur finger and both pieces will pop out.

Check out the other thread for additional info and if you have any more specific questions, you can always message me directly.

Hope this helps.