View Single Post
Old 05-30-2002, 01:05 AM   #14
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

the h23's are beasts with turbo's on them, possibly making more power than h22's because of the displacment. once you put some cams on the h23 you will loose your low end power, but can make near the same as the h22 cause of the displacment. honestly i say go for it. you want a turbo, the h23 is a great candidate. sometimes i wish i got a SI and turboed it with the money i spent on the vtec modle. as far as stroking the engine, dont do it, the engines dont hold up well from what ive herd at 2.6 lts. i remember someone from some board put so much money into his engine all motor and the displacment upper broke the engine shortly after. the h23 sits a little different than the h22, but uses the same mounts, so a h22 kit SHOULD fit a h23 also. it does in preludes. the engine has low end power, somehting not offten found in hondas. 160hp and 156 lb/ft@5500rpms and the tq band is lvl from about 2500-6000 with it peaking at 5500. the engine can handle about 7psi on stock internals considering a compression test comes back ok, and theres no problems with the engine. also the tranny is better for turbo cause its got longer gearing. man, if your getting the engine for free, put thr 5-600 its gonna cost you to get it in, you'll be supprised the power its got. it throws a tank(some times call "prelude") a 15.6~7 1/4 mile stock, and the h22 does it in 15.0~1 so its very capable. get the kit, a thick rear sway bar, and enjoy your low 14 high 13 stock car.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote