View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 02:12 PM   #10
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Methos
This comment is a SUBJECTIVE OPINION.
Uh oh. A communciations major by chance?

Quote:
Next - Could you explain to me how a coilover sleeve on a shock would make a car ride like crap compared to a vehicle with threaded body shocks or regular springs? All 3 are running the same spring rates and all 3 sets of shocks can effectively handle the spring rates being used. Could you please educate me here?

I think he may be referring to the fact that some "cheap" sleeve sets have tendancy to move. I don't know. I've not had that experience.

Quote:
Also - Raising and lowering the car is not the purpose for coilovers.

So they're just decorative? I always thought you could raise & lower your car with coil-overs. Damn those advertisements. So misleading.

Quote:
In fact - coilovers are pointless unless you autocross/track your car. Why? Because you will never corner-balance your car so you don't need the adjustability. Why waste the money?

Pointless? Not if you live in Ohio. I would love to be able to raise and lower my car as the seasons change. The winters get rough here so the added clearance is nice. But then again I apparently can't raise or lower my car with coilovers.

Quote:
Use the money you save to buy some nEoNz or some shit like that.
Yeah definately a good investment. But do neons light up? Not real sure about that one. I always thought they did, but perhap you can enlighten me on that one too.