View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 01:28 PM   #9
Methos

Quote:
Im not a big fan of Coilover Sleeves. They usually ride like crap, especially if you buy the cheap ones but they are nice to have to raise up and down.
This comment is a SUBJECTIVE OPINION. It is based on what an individual wants to do with the car. It is also based on what someone's definition of "rides like crap" is. To me riding like crap is a stock slushbox ride like most Hondas come from the factory equipped with. The stiffer the better IMO.

Next - Could you explain to me how a coilover sleeve on a shock would make a car ride like crap compared to a vehicle with threaded body shocks or regular springs? All 3 are running the same spring rates and all 3 sets of shocks can effectively handle the spring rates being used. Could you please educate me here?

Also - Raising and lowering the car is not the purpose for coilovers. In fact - coilovers are pointless unless you autocross/track your car. Why? Because you will never corner-balance your car so you don't need the adjustability. Why waste the money? Use the money you save to buy some nEoNz or some shit like that.

Further - if you are planning on dumping some 17" or 18" "dubz" on the car then I further stress not wasting the money on the coilovers since the "rImZ" will do more to hurt the handling of the car than the shocks/springs will be able to fix.