View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 10:12 AM   #20
FasterThanLight

Quote:
hey faster...what dealership in sac did you buy the gsr, cuz i'm thinking bout parting out the ls and then trading it in for a gsr

I went to Niello(nee-low) Acura-Porsche. They've got a consistently good selection of used Acuras, and the salesmen are helpful but in no way pushy. Nice, relaxed atmosphere. And, no, I have no affiliation with them, I just like what I've seen.

Quote:
BTW this is the erebuni kit i was thinking about,
runs around 4k for Fiberglass Front Bumper,Hood,Front Fenders,Grill; OEM Radiator Support and OEM Lights.
I think that's a nice looking kit... try to make sure you see one of their products installed, in person, before you buy it... unless they have a fantastic reputation(and i've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything) fiberglass can really suck if done poorly.

I was getting on the freeway yesterday, and I had my tunes going a little. There were a bunch of suckass drivers in the vicinity, so while I was accelerating, I was paying attention to maneuvering, and not the tach... blehblehbleh... I hit the rev limiter. DOH! Thought I could drive by ear... I guess not. Maybe a small shift light is in order... no monster tach though. So, how high did I spin the motor?

<RAMBLE> When I bought the gsr there was hardly a speck of dirt on it anywhere, they had steam-cleaned the engine compartment, and detailed the rest of the car pretty well. I test drove the car (of course) and everything went fine. To be honest, I didn't know quite how cool the car was when I drove it. I didn't wind it up any more than 6 grand (so, no, I didn't know it had barely started breathing at that point). Anyway, two days later, on my way home from work, I'm getting on the freeway, I start to roll into the gas... and cough-cough, sputter, sputter, VROOM, cough-cough, VROOM. "Oh sh!t", I think. Then I think, bad fuel? Water in gas? Ignition cut-out? I limped the car home from Dublin to Sac, and called the dealer. They told me to bring it in the next morning. When I did, all the problem turned out to be was water in the spark plug holes, under the plug wire cover. But my point is, they'll take care of anything reasonable, even after you leave the lot. Long story, small point. Hehe...</RAMBLE>