View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002, 12:20 PM   #5
black95gs-t

"To have pounding bass, yes you will need sub(s).."
not entirely true. i have seen setups with like 60 6.5 drivers and 70 5 1/4 drivers and no subs that totally slammed. of course this is a very rare setup and is rather costly. but they were hitting in excess of 158. crazy for no subs huh? but yeah what is in your head unit is a 4 channel amplifier. basically a 4 channel amp can take 4 different signals and power 4 different outputs at the same time. it can also be bridged to power 3 outputs, or 2. what do i mean by out puts? an output is where the power from the amplifier goes. on some 4 channel amps you can actually power 8 speakers. don't bridge it and put 2, 4 ohm speakers per output. with the three outputs two channels would be running by themselves and the other 2 would be bridged. this setup would most likely be used as such... the 2 unbridged channels would most likely be used for mid/high speakers, and the 2 bridged channels for subs. a 2 channel amp can take 2 different signals and power 2 different outputs at the same time. the same can be said for the 2 channel amp. i know i have a hard time explaining things, but if you don't understand just tell me and i will try to reexplain better.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote