View Single Post
Old 04-09-2002, 07:52 AM   #5
Amad

2001 Accord

Yes, I drive more then an average car owner, that’s because my work is so damn far from my house. I did do a trans service at 30K the very 1st service as recommended by Honda.

From now on it’s every 15K for trans and every 3K for engine oil and filter…The only irony I feel is that, it did this exactly at 36K when you warranty runs out Honda replaced the switch and the solenoid this time cuz it was 36K miles... but refused to replace the transmission. They said it looks like an electrical problem. That car actually use to go in neutral for few second till I press the gas and then it takes a jerk and goes. Then problem is FIXED NOW but I am afraid what if the transmission got damaged while the solenoid and the P switch was out. And what if it goes out again Honda new trans cost more then 2K........ Honda dealer said don’t worry about it, but it’s me who has to drive 132 miles every day… any how it’s working fine I just wanted to know if any one else had this problem…

I guess it was the solenoid and the P switch… by the way have any one here got a laptop interface and software for Accord's computer. I was watching a show on kids who sports tune there Honda's just by readjusting the fuel and air mixture. I have a laptop with LPT and USB interface, if I could only get the cable to hook up to Honda’s computer that would be fun… I bet someone already wrote software for it that super tune your car… has any one have any experience with that kinda stuff ……..

Amad