Thread: Short Shifter
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2002, 09:26 AM   #11
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

Hold up there. You don't have to do anything but just install the adapter. This will take 15 minutes max and you're done. The other stuff in that link are just extras.

That's not entirely true!

I know the adapter shouldn't take very long....it just looked like he went through more stuff to get the adapter on than I would have thought, such as taking off the plate around the radio. I woulda thought just the center console around the shifter would suffice, but I haven't investigated how things fit yet to really see what'll need to come off on the 6th gen.

But, I don't want the shift knob at the stock height, I would rather it be lower. To make it lower, I'll have to chop it off. Problem is, though, AFAIK it's not a straight lever, so I may have to get it straightened out to make things look/fit properly. To do that, I'll have to take it off and deliver it to a machine shop to do the work for me. Which, according to that link, will take more time and work.

First things first, though, I need to find a good machine shop in town and also get the adapter.

Who makes the adapter with the shortest throw for a 6th gen Accord?

b