Thread: best intake
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 08:10 PM   #15
HondaX

Don't want to start no war here, but I have done numerous test on this intake subject. I tested the two best intakes on the market, AEM and Iceman. I drove 30 min each with both the intakes. I had a temp gauge inside the both the intakes. I results were surprising. At first I thought that the Iceman would win. but in the end the AEM was actually cooler. At a stand still the AEM was sometimes up to 15 degrees warmer than the Iceman, but when the car was moving the temps of the AEM intake actually drop 5 degrees are more then the Iceman. In the end, I was puzzled, but then my friend gave me a good explanation. Yes its true that metal does heat up quicker then plastics, but metal also cools off quickier then plastics. Plastic is a good material that it takes a long time to actually be hot, but you GUYS have to remember also that plastics retain heat. Which means that heat is slower to dissapiate in plastics, while a rush of fresh cold air could actually cool the metal tube quicker. The end profuct is colder air makes more horses. Thanks sorry for the long rambling.