Thread: Track times
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2002, 11:26 AM   #21
Niacin

Quote:
Originally posted by diligent_dave
6. When you think the time is correct or an official tells you to, do a burnout in the water. If on radials, just do a tire kick to get rid of pebbles and the water in your tread. If on slicks, do a nice smoky burnout to warm them puppies up.

I've heard some people say not to do a burnout in the box on street tyres, 'cause it throws water all up in the fenderwells and you just drip it on the line. I just do a dry hop to clean the tread and get a little heat in 'em, like you were saying.

Quote:
Originally posted by diligent_dave 9. Once both of the drivers are staged the tree operator/official will start the tree. I hope you know how that works. There is one half of a second between each light. When the third yellow lights up try and judge when the green will hit. If you leave the beams right as the green drops you will have a perfect reaction time of .5

Now you're talking. I always leave on the third yellow. By the time you react, take your foot off the brake and stomp the pedal, it's already been half a sec, and you should cut a good light. Somebody in my club taught me that.

That was some good stuff, Dave.

Max