Thread: lower it!
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2002, 01:40 PM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by alpine3069
i was looking at coil over's and then some ppl on here said not to do it, it will just cause problems later! so is it ok to get the coil over's or not?? i mean i don't have a thousand dollors to spend on good coil over's and i want my ride at the stock height during the winter!

It really boils down to what you want from your suspension setup. If you think about it if you do like I did and bought something like the skunk2 coilovers for about 300$ then buy shocks [I bought Konis] for another $500+ thats $800 you can get the true Apexi coilovers and some other ones for about 50 dollars more. Now granted they dont compare to the Tiens or some of the others in Performance, they are more street oriented then race. But most people just want something to raise it up if they have to anyway and dont really care about performance. My suggestion is if you want the cheaper sleeves get them. But remember, you could be compromising your suspension, and it could actually handle worse then it did stock.

You may want to do some homework before purchase coilover sleeves first. Find out things like how they mount to the shock. Skunk2s had a really nice design where a rubber o ring slid over the shock body. Where as the some other sleeves have use little allen bolts to hold it on. This way is awful!! They are loud, they can vibrate loose, they are just plain annoying. Check the spring rates and compare them to stock spring rates. If you can stay close youll probably have a better, smooter ride.

Just like anything else. Its always good to know what your getting into before you do it. And research will always pay off. Ground Control makes a really nice kit, but still pricey compared to most. Just remember you get what you pay for.

Just a few things to keep in mind. Goodluck on your decisions.