View Single Post
Old 02-17-2002, 12:02 AM   #14
ajn

about the springs, I bought a CRAFTSMAN Macpherson spring compressor for $40. Not bad. Once you get it and install them yourself, everybody will be asking you to put them on. You can make some nice money that way. At least I have!

About the turbo kit. I had 90,000 miles on my car when I put on the Greddy kit. All I bought when I first got is was the turbo kit, Greddy turbo timer, and Greddy Type-S blow off valve. That's it, everything else was stock. I didn't have aftermarket plugs or wires, or and upgraded fuel system. I just had the Blue box that came with the kit. No check engine lights, no intercooler. I ran it like that at 5.5 psi for a couple of months with no problems what-so-ever. I also got it dynoed and picked up about 40 whp. I even gained about 4 whp and 6 ft-lbs of torque just by regapping the stock spark plugs!

Once you just start out with the basic kit, you will have a blast with it. It's a totally reliable daily driven turboed civic. You can buy the kit for the same amount as you would intake, headers, and exhaust.

Greddy turbo is the way to go on any SOHC motor.

it's a great investment.

good luck, and keep the questions coming if you have anymore!

drive safe,

aj

btw: here's my dyno figures with the Greddy turbo kit, non-intercooled, stock everything, and 5.5 psi. I didn't even have gauges at the time! So I assume I was pushing 5.5 psi! It's a before and after of regapping the stock spark plugs.