View Single Post
Old 02-14-2002, 11:40 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

You shouldnt need any internals changed unless there a problem with you present ones. The first thing I would do is have the mechanical condition of the car thoroughly checked over. Do a compression test and other things like making sure that the 100,000 mile maintenance has been done. Especially things like belts, etc. If everything checks out ok then procede with boosting. Ive been told that you can just slap a Turbo on and go at it if you just leave it at its stock setting. I would advise aleast upgrading your fuel pump, run colder spark plugs, may want to get new plug wires if you havent already, Boost guage and an Air/Fuel Guage or an Exhaust Temp. Gauge are other very good ideas to help safe guard you. I would also Highly suggest getting your car Dyno Tuned as well, this will not only allow your car to run safer it will also get the most power out of your setup.

Now for the Intercooler... Ive heard that it can produce about another 20 hp or so depending on your setup, Keep in mind adding a IC will usually drop the amount of boost that your turbo will be pushing. So instead of 5.5 psi it may drop you down to say 4.5 psi.

Happy Boosting... Goodluck with your car.

Oh and welcome to Honda Style.