View Single Post
Old 02-13-2002, 08:19 PM   #1
Incubus

Neon *wannabe* racer pulls cheap shot

Alright, I don't really have many exciting kill stories except for this one.
I got off work one saturday night at 10:30, was cruisin' to Disneyland to pick up my girl from work. I'm about a mile from Disneyland goin' down Harbor Blvd. (fairly busy street) and I'm rollin' from a stop light and this dude in a black neon rolls next to me (fly by). As he's rollin by he throws a rev so I can hear his nasty sounding exhaust challenge my sweeter sounding Integra.
We're still rolling down the street, I pull next to him and I drop into second at about 20 mph (not the best torque/power at that RPM range). I'm pullin ahead of him despite the lack of power at that gear at that speed. Nothing too exciting though, just slow acceleration but I was still pulling ahead! By end of second gear, I was pulling hard away but we hit a light so I wasn't too far ahead.
Light turns green and we launch...........I'm pullin away with a fat grin on my face as I hear his nasty exhaust note straining to keep up. I let off the gas at 80 mph as my car was roaring and there's alot of cops around Disneyland so I didn't really want to get a ticket smoking this monkey.
I let off at 80 mph and he keeps going, pulls ahead of me to get in front of me at the left turn lane. There's a car in front of me and he's in front of that car at the red light at the turn lane. We go, he's front in line at the stop, so he guns it but I'm behind a car who's going slow so I had to finish the turn before passing. I roll up on him about a 1/4 mile down the road (not racing though) and as I'm pullin' up, he flashes his hazards, rolls his windows down and said he just smoked my shitty honda with his american muscle power! I just laughed at his face but the thought of him thinking he won kinda pissed me off because I beat him twice when we were actually racing, and as I'm just cruisin' again, he dicides it's a race. Oh well, I see him at my school (by coincidence) and I always hit him up to race, but he won't do it now! Maybe because he knows he can't win in a real race?
LOL, oh well, I know I smoked his ass, that's all that matters! (and my car sounds better and looks better!)