Thread: New rule
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Rice
That would be an electric car, not a Hybrid.

Ahhh, but wouldn't an electric car be run solely on the car's battery pack? Take a look at Chevy's Volt. It's only powered by the electric motor, but uses a small gas generator to replenish the batteries after the 40 mile electric-only range is crossed. I suppose if you kept your commute under 40 miles, you'd never have to fill up the tank.

Technically I suppose you're right. I mean, they are using two different types of power sources. But when put in realistic terms, it's just sad. I mean when you have a 400hp gas motor are you even going to notice the extra 20hp being kicked in by the electric motor? Even Ruf is experimenting with an all electric 997. I think if a (relatively) small tuner/manufacturer has the brains and cash to pull that off, surely a multi billion dollar automaker in America/Japan/Germany/Italy/wherever can take the idea and run with it.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote