View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
blind34_1

I recently got a 2nd shift job through my school's career services department to qualify for my internship requirement. I was hired on at the company as a part time employee, so I retain the job after the internship is up. It is a tech-support call center. Not a bad gig, tons of technical stuff to be learned.

I also have another gig that is intermittant but pays well from my neighbors business. It involves retrofitting flourescent lighting fixtures with more efficient ballasts and bulbs. It is intermittant because we may finish a job and then have to wait a few days or a week for the next job to be ready.

My suggestions for you are see if any of your neighbors own their own business or know someone that needs a worker.Of course, this depends on where you live.

You can always try the career placement services, but honestly i got lucky and was about ready to give up. Ultimately it comes down to who you know or someone to tell you there is an opening.

I really dont like those online application services because you just buried underneath all the other applicants. With a walk-in type, you can introduce yourself and sometimes even get hired on the spot.

Good luck man, and don't give up. I did for a while, and it SUCKS.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote