Thread: cold blooded
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

What I'm saying is that we shouldn't ban anything within reason. Yes, I do think it should be illegal for certain guns to be publicly available. There is no use for a .50Cal sniper rifle other than to kill someone. If you used it to hunt you'd obliterate your target...if you used it for self defense, well, that sort of defeats the purpose if the person is 1,000 yards away. Same goes for a Kalashnikov. They're very inaccurate so they're lousy for hunting and if you need to toss that many bullets downrange at someone in self defense then you're probably fucked anyway. Even small weapons like an H&K MP5...it's only real use is to neutralize humans. It wouldn't bring down most animals and, cool as they are, I wouldn't keep one in my home because it's just too dangerous. I think people should still be allowed to fire them at open ranges and such under the supervision of a professional or some sort of law enforcement, but to make them available to own to anyone just doesn't make sense. But hey...aside from those exceptions (and others like them), go nuts. My friend has an old Spanish-American War era Enfield (of maybe it's a Springfield...whatever it is it's fucking huge) that I wouldn't mind firing. Then again, I like my shoulder in one piece.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote