Thread: Fuck the NFL
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #21
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

But see...I think that a SANE copyright law would make special provisions for people who are obviously looking to make money off of the game and leave the average folks who just want to get together (with no money involved) out of it. I mean really...who's it hurting if people get together for a party and no money changes hands? Sure, it's probably hard to figure out who is doing it and who isn't, but I would think that amount of people charging money for a house party is pretty small. If someone is renting out large venues and charging, that's easy enough to figure out. Then again, that's no different than a sports bar. I don't know if sports bars pay out some sort of royalties to respective leagues to show their games, but if they don't then why not shut them all down under copyright violation procedures? I think the NFL and MLB's idea of copyrights is just absolutely insane. Ever listen to their little legal notes during the game? It includes "any descriptions or accounts of the game". What the fuck? That means I can't even tell you about a play afterwards without violating copyright laws. That's absolutely absurd. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to copyright what is (sort of) their property, but the way they've set it up is tantamount to waving a middle finger at a whole lot of people and serves little or no purpose other than to keep way too much money in a few people's pockets.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote