Thread: Honda FCX
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #20
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCantSkate
it would not explode anything like a hydrogen bomb. the only way to get the hydrogen atoms to fuse together here on earth, fusion, would be in a fission nuculear explosion. only then is it hot enough (the reason we dont have cold fusion, which would solve 80% of our problems) for the atomic bonds of the hydrogen to break down and fuse together releasing tons of energy. the hindenburg was a giant balloon of hydrogen gas and that blew up on a runway and didnt relly have too much collateral damage.

its not safe, or not safe enough to think its safer than gas, but it can be contained under pressure better than gas, and it has a longer shelf life(like the begining of this universe) than gas(maybe a few months once refined). i still say move forward till you break the first barrier in the economy of scale

Chris, I suspect you're right that it would not be 'nuclear' in size, however the hindenburg was not under the same preasures a vehicle would be. If memory serves me the hindenburg blew up in the air as it tried to touch down. It was on an air strip, no surprise it didn't nock any buildings down.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote