Thread: Honda FCX
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #9
Robert
R-Tard

Actually the model T car was to run on corn oil. Oil industry made sure that it wasn't available so Henry developed it to run on gas.

The elecrtic car could be running TODAY. We need it to clean up our air and reduce the need for oil. If you consider what we use oil for (almost everything) I am of the opinion its to valuable to burn.

Steve - to your point. They have been developing this technology for almost 20 years now. Still with nothing to show for it. Hydrogen is that carot the donkey chases. Just in this case we're the donkey and we keep buying gas.

telsa is an interesting idea. It's been co-developed with Lotus hence they nice design. They have run into some problems that make the car hard to sell. MOstly since there isn't the noise of a motor, you hear alot of the moving parts in the car. Otherwise its a great car.

Alternatively one can buy a hyrbid and modify it. Adding a second battery and electronic over ride forcing the car to stay in electric mode and using the gas only to charge the battery. Apparently with this set up you can get about 120mpg. This is something I am considering once I have stable income. I cant stand buying gas.

Did you know domestic hyrbids average 28mpg and jap hyrbids 40mpg. What gives?

The entire auto industry sinks of bad business. Also remember cleaner cars mean less service and require the industry to realize for the last 100 years they have sold a dirty product.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote