View Single Post
Old 02-09-2002, 08:13 AM   #5
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by SlikVic
Thanks,

I'm going for looks to start off with, and then probably preformance. Can you tell me a little bit more about the intake systems
hmm well the AEM is a complete cold air system, replaces your stock intake system with a bigger pipe and the air filter sits in the fenderwell to suck in cooler air. the K&N drop in filter is just a filter that replaces the restrictive stock paper filter, better flow and well the stock honda intake is pretty damn good imo so i personally prefer spending $40 on that than $200 on an AEM. but for looks the AEM does look a hell of a lot better. so does the Injen CAI. they are both about the same price.
and for exhausts, i suggest going with something from Tanabe, GReddy, 5Zigen, Magnaflow, Thermal R&D or APEXi. catback systems of course for better performance.
are you putting on a bodykit in the near future? or any body parts such as front lip, rear lip?
some springs and shocks would be nice to lower your car and its best to do both @ the same time imo.
16" or 17" wheels are also a plus. if yer gonna stick to having no bodykit or just like a front lip/rear lip then id go with 16's, the hatch looks better that way, of course imo.
if yer going with a kit that replaces the front and rear bumpers and the side skirts then id go ahead with some 17's - well if its a wild kit. if its not really too wild and aggressive then 16's wouldnt look bad either. im probably confusing the hell out of you right now. sorry. if you need me to clear anything up just lemme know.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote