Thread: v for vendetta
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 01:29 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well...I think what you saw is kind of what they intended to insinuate. It's a lot like the movies 1984 or Brazil, both of which take place in an overzealously and somewhat totalitarian England. It's just that they replaced John Hurt's character in 1984 with the much more "hands on" V in the comic book.

I think the whole point is to serve as a cautionary story that if America isn't careful it's going to end up like the slightly futuristic England of the movie. In the movie we're already pretty much done for (complete with a civil war in the midwest...bring it on). The thing that really hit home with me was the talking head on TV...Prothero or whatever his name was. He comes off a LOT like Bill O'Reilly, but really there's a dozen other pundits who are just as irresponsible and draw wild conclusions based on little more than a hope and a dream. That, and the description of how the high chancelor came to power seemed eerily familiar.

I personally would like to think of it more as a morality play. You know...like a lesson in how people should be treated and what will happen when a governing body pushes people too far in the name of itself. So yeah...I see a lot of parallels and "what ifs" between the movie and the U.S., but I hope we can turn things around before then.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote