View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCivic
what "facts" have been presented? if there was some consipiracy why would these government masterminds let the "owner of the twin towers" know about it so he could suspiciously take out a "really huge insurance policy".

You don't know what happened, I'm not God so I don't know exactly what happened, except I side with common sense and you side with conspiracy nonsense that you love to cling to as long as it makes the gov't (conservative leadership?) look baaaaaad.

"And I'm not really sure it's possible for more people to hate Bush" "and the majority of America just sat back and went "oh...well...that seems reasonable" If this whole conspiracy was to allow Bush to do what he wants why not go a little further and come out looking like a hero with Iraq? It'd be quite simple to plant whatever the hell they wanted too. Because he didn't have to? You just said everyone hates him.

And I'm completely capable of using my own mind to draw my own conclusions. Just because I refuse to feel like a helpless victim that the gov't and big business is out to get, doesn't mean my opinions are any less valid than yours.

I really don't think you want me to lay the whole thing out...it'd be a long post...but I can if you'd like me to. As far as what happened with Larry Silverstein, owner of the WTC complex, a lot of the questions lie with him so it's no surprise that he would've had prior knowledge.

You say you stick to the side of common sense, but how in the world is that possible if you ignore potentially damning facts. You've completely closed your mind off to the very idea that it wasn't those pesky terrorists. Even though that means ignoring things like the fact that commercial planes have software to prevent high G manuevers like those pulled off on 9/11 that could not have possibly been disabled by any terrorist element (especially an element with dogshit flight experience) while in the air. But I get it. Psychologically it's hard to accept the idea that the people charged with your safety would fuck you like that without even so much as a reach around.

You're also forgetting the timing of WMD not-finding and public opinion turning massively against Bush. Around the WMD search (or failure thereof) people were still gripped by fear and many still are. They didn't need a lot of pesky logic to justify revenge. All they "knew" was that we were attacked by outside forces and that we had to bomb the shit out of anyone who even looked at us wrong. It's a miracle that France still exists to this day (and that's a pretty shitty miracle). It wasn't until Iraq became a complete and utter mess that people woke up and said "wait...this guy has the leadership skills of a gopher".

Who said anything about feeling like some helpless victim? No one did anything to me (yet). That may change with each evolution of the PATRIOT Act, but for now I'm good. And really, you may be using your own mind, but you're apparently drawing someone else's conclusions.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote