Thread: Transmissions?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Havent seen you in forever

You least expensive option is really going to either be an LS transmission (S/Y80) or to buy replacement 3rd gear synchros and case (the labor will probably be a lot, unless you pull the transmission yourself - ie: Im just paying labor to have 3 synchros put on my transmission @ $75/hr...and it really shouldnt take more than an hr)

An LS trans will cost you probably $300 locally...and is the last option I would choose (but will be the easiest and the cheapest).
If you go this route, you can use it for awhile until you want to spend more to fix your b16 trans and then resell it for the same price that you paid.

New synchros are about $150 for gears 3-5, from gear-speed sellers on ebay (maybe a little less from honda...but I havent really checked the pricing).
I would seriously consider replacing more than just the one 3rd gear synchro since youre in there already.
A new case (asuming its not the clutch housing side) will run you probably 150 or more...depending on where you get it. Any B series case will work, so you dont have to be picky.

Fixing it will cost you more...but its what I would do
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote