View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #17
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
I don't like the part of ebonics where they try to sound un educated (although I do like that it's soul purpose (when done intentionally) is to piss of uptight white people).

HOWEVER... other than that I think that rap culture and ebonics is great... it is constantly growing and evolving and it takes quite a bit of smarts or at least quick thinking to keep up with it as it develops...

The only problem is that the only people really studying or appreciatting it are either the ones pulling the strings and white dudes who major in it in college.

But I don't really agree with those who would so quickly dismiss it all as crap... don't get me wrong TONS and TONS of it is total crap... but a LOT of these dudes are REALLY smart and write VERY intelligent crap that is both rythmically and lyrically VERY highly evolved IMO.

the only problem is that it makes you sounds stupid and I have yet to run into any guys who speak ebonics and are intellectual. When I worked at CircuitCity the only guys who ever spoke ebonics were those white teens who thought they were cool with there pants around their ankles, the black guys who generally were missing teeth and smelled funny.
The bigger problem is that 90% of the people who speak it think they gonna be the next major rap star or basketball player. They don't think about their life past the age of 25-30