View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 09:15 PM   #23
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
i see your point with this event being so large scale that everyone couldn't be expected to make it to safety, but i'd like to see a pole of everyone that stayed to see their reasoning for not leaving.

I would too. I would even go so far as to say that people who could've left and didn't are at the back of the line when it comes time to rebuild.

As for the reappropriation of funds, here's a quote from an article by William Marvel on Interventionmag.com (click HERE for the full article. I'll readily admit that the site is decidedly anti-Bush, but in this case the facts are pretty solid).

Quote:
Congress authorized the Southeast Louisiana Urban Flood Control Project in 1995, and the Army Corps of Engineers invested $430 million into buttressing weakened levees and building pumping stations, but the Bush administration halted that project in 2003 with another $250 million worth of work left unfinished. Since then, according to Editor & Publisher, Louisiana emergency management officials have been begging the federal government for the rest of that money, without success. The New Orleans Times-Picayune published numerous articles over the last year that indicated the funds had been reallocated to homeland security and the war in Iraq—even though the 2004 hurricane season was the worst in many peoples’ memory.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote