View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 05:29 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AkimboStylee
not really i feel the same way about it. just because someone has something that has more of a value than you (not pointing any fingers at all) doesn't mean they didn't work for it

That's not the point. The point is that it's improper for one member to insult another's family for reasons beyond their control. There's really just no cause for that. I'm not knocking Wren for not purchasing his car the way most of us do, but rather for insinuating that Kyle's family hasn't worked hard enough to buy their kid a car. Kyle's comments may have been inappropriate, but Wren's comments are even moreso because they imply that his family hasn't worked hard enough. He has obviously forgotten how many people in this country work just to survive while buying their kids brand new cars is merely a dream.

Wren...lay off it. Just because someone isn't as fortunate as you doesn't mean they haven't worked a day in their life. I've held down a job since I was 14 and I still don't have a brand new car. Does that make me or, by extension, my family, lazy or stupid? Hardly. It makes us middle class. With money comes the criticisms of people who have actually worked for and paid for their cars out of pocket. You have to expect that others may find it adventageous that you got your car given to while they were working for theirs (not that you haven't worked hard, but I know how you got your car). Just remember that you're a bit more priviledged than most to have your folks buy you a car and stop being so defensive. Calling someone lazy or stupid simply because they're working class is just bad form.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote