View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
nonovurbizniz

Replaced the trans yesterday...

Wow... that was fun... just had it out last week to do a clutch/flywheel too when my buddy was actually there helping.

I knew the input shaft bearing was bad... and I expect probobly every other bearing in the trans is bad too... it has 204k miles on it basically... SO when I had it out I couldn't believe how bad the wobble in the shaft was.

I found a used s20 trans for 175 delivered to me.. bought it cleaned it up a TINY bit... and put it in yesterday...

Only downsides were it didn't have a VSS no big deal I just used my old one... AND it was missing one of the mount studs which REALLY sucks... on and on top of it when I went to install it and put in the one smaller bolt... it stripped out the hole... so I just put it in the front hole where a stud should be for now...

It came apart and went together just fine... no hangups... Trans shifts and drives smooth...

I'm a huge pussy... lifting that thing and the trying to slide it into place while it's up in the air almost killed me... I almost didn't think I'd be able to do it... but I did.

Gotta excercise...

If anyone's interested I could do a write up.