View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 12:36 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Please...don't use lube

So I've been having some trouble with software lately and I feel like I'm getting bent over and done dry. My camera is one of those ones that does 300 different things. MP3 player, full motion video, voice recorder, etc. Well...it's supposed to be a PC cam as well and it used to work just fine. However, since I've reformatted my HDD, it doesn't work. My comp identifies that a USB device is present and even names my camera and it'll let me transfer pics...but when I try to use it as a PC cam I get some homo-ass message telling me to insert my Windows XP SP2 disc. What the fuck? I don't have the disc since the software is OEM and even if I did, I downloaded SP2 as a patch. Fucks! So I start making phone calls and of course everyone tells me to contact the other company (the software makers whose stuff was bundled with it, camera company, etc.). Eventually I get some guy at the company who made the camera telling me I'm probably shit out of luck without the SP2 disc. Thanks, cock gobblins. Way to make a good product. What I don't get is why it worked just fine before the reformat and not now. Everything's set up the same. I know the software is installed correctly. Any ideas?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote